My Heart Hearts Social Media Twitter Pinterest goodreads Tumblr youTube amazon Formspring Library Thing RSS Email

Saturday, April 21, 2012

Letters from Conrad Fisher...


Oh man. I think I might cry. I loved Conrad's letter oh so freaking much. It wasn't anything profound. But the thing is, neither is Conrad and Belly's love story. It's about a girl falling in love with her soul mate at the age of ten. The simplicity and ordinariness of their story is sooooo romantic. It's love and it's absolutely perfect.

If you know me. You know that this is my favorite series. Hands down, no competition. So even when I first read We'll Always Have Summer last year, I still couldn't say goodbye. Not at all, and that's before I heard of whispers of Conrad's Letters.When you read the letters, you'll see that they aren't  epic letters. Just a boy writing to the girl he loves, who is thousands of miles away both physically and mentally. But he's continues to write her in hopes of getting her back. So while I would love Jenny Han to continue to write about them, I understand that it's this is the end for Belly and Co.

I just want to say thanks to Jenny Han: I loved this series more than anyone will ever know, and more than I could've anticipated, when I randomly picked up the book at Books A Million one day and I fell in love. It's changed my life, and I carry Belly and Conrad's love story in hopes that one day I will create my own love story that is just and real and magical.

xoxo,
Aly

12 comments:

  1. I feel the same for the books! Today was the first time i heart from the letters and when I read them I was really sad, because it was the ending. The real ending. One year I thought that the wedding is the ending and now everything had change. But I can read the books always and can feel the same whenever i want to!
    Sorry for the bad English but I am from Germany :))
    CONRAD<3

    BEST WISHES TO THE SUMMER FANS1
    Amelie (15)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your English is fine <3 I'm so happy to have found someone else who loves the books like I do. Belly & Conrad is the love story that I think everybody deserves to have. I go back every once in a while and reread them because it never gets old.

      Delete
    2. I love so freaking much the love story of Belly and Conrad! I haven't read the letters Conrad sent to Belly because I downloaded the last book of the trilogy.Does anyone know if I can download them too? I want to read them so badly and all I can find is some pictures of them.

      Delete
  2. where can i find conrads letter ? please reply ! :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can find it here. It ships to most countries :)

      Delete
  3. Hi! I hope you´re really fine=) i read your blog and I love it!!! I´ve just finished reading the summer trilogy (for the second time jaja) and I wanted to ask you, more like beg you, if you could share conrads letters with us? i´ve been looking for them everywhere and I can´t find them!! you would make a girl very happy if you could!!! thanks in advance!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks! I really wish I could help but posting these snippets is the most that I'm comfortable with doing. I posted suggestions on tumblr to try to help but there's not much that I can do. The link that I posted will even show you how you can order the version of WAHS with Conrad's letters. I know that's not what you wanted, and I'm sorry!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I bought the hardcover copy and so the letters from Conrad to belly are not there. I really hate that. I wish i could read them online. Anyone knows how or where? Please i really want to read them. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're in the US paperback edition of WAHS. They aren't online legally as far as I know and I don't know if Jenny Han has any plans to do so. Sorry I'm not much help. But other than directing you where to buy the US version, there's not much I can do...

      Delete
  6. OMG I loved the books too! But honestly, at first I thought Belly was a bit immature and I never would've kept reading the trilogy if it weren't for Conrad and Jeremiah. But I liked how she matured in the other two books. (I borrowed the first book from the library, and read the other two online because I couldn't stand the wait). When I finished We'll Always Have Summer, I was sad too because it was finally the ending. I couldn't accept the fact that it was the end. I even went to Chapters to re-read the ending because it was sooooo sad! THAT was when I flipped to the end and saw the letters from Conrad to Belly. Loved them <3 *Still so sad :'(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally get how you feel! I have three copies of each book (don't ask lol) and I still have a hard time letting go. I think for me though, the magic of the story was Belly and Conrad. It was the fact that Belly knew she was in love with Conrad since before she really knew anything else. I wish I could get more of the story because I'm not convinced that it'll ever be enough, but the letters were a good way (at least for me) to end. Thanks for sharing you story and your love of the Summer series with me.

      Delete
  7. OMG!!! OMG!!! OMG!!!
    I also loved her books.
    I've read 'The summer I turned pretty' , 'It's not summer without you' (Which basically made me cry a little) and 'We'll always have one summer' but only in Ibooks which do not contain Conrad's letter to belly, I'm dying to read it all... I've read all those books thrice and still loves to read it over and over again. <3

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to comment, I personally read every comment and try to reply. Thank you.

 

©2012 My Heart Hearts Books | Website Designed by Website Design Credit | All Rights Reserved

Powered by Blogger