My Heart Hearts Social Media Twitter Pinterest goodreads Tumblr youTube amazon Formspring Library Thing RSS Email

Saturday, February 8, 2014

Better Off Friends (Review)

Better Off Friends
By: Elizabeth Eulberg



For Macallan and Levi, it was friends at first sight. Everyone says guys and girls can’t be just friends, but these two are. They hang out after school, share tons of inside jokes, their families are super close, and Levi even starts dating one of Macallan’s friends. They are platonic and happy that way.



Eventually they realize they’re best friends — which wouldn’t be so bad if they didn’t keep getting in each other’s way. Guys won’t ask Macallan out because they think she’s with Levi, and Levi spends too much time joking around with Macallan, and maybe not enough time with his date. They can’t help but wonder . . . are they more than friends or are they better off without making it even more complicated.


I was super excited when I got the chance to read Better Off Friends because I was curious about what Elizabeth's answer would be about guys and girls being just friends. I know what I thought, but I wanted to see what she thought and how it would play out in terms of the story. I've read all of Elizabeth's published works and I knew that she could heat it up or play it cool, and I was insanely curious to see what would she do.

When Levi moves into town, he's this other entity from California. He stands out and doesn't quite fit in but when he and Macallan realize they have something in common they hit it off and become fast friends. It's like they're in a world of their own and speak a language that only the other can understand. They just click. Their relationship has a lot of ups and down but they get other. One of their biggest inconvenience is that everyone around them keeps questioning their dating status. 

Honestly, I love this story. Better Off Friends is my new favorite Elizabeth Eulberg novel. I think Eulberg does a great job answering this question specifically and generally. The novel is filled with tension. Just when I think it's going one way, something happens and I'm taken by surprise. 

I love where the story ends and how it ends. Better Off Friends is such a great read.

e-ARC provided by publisher via Netgalley.

6 comments:

  1. I really want to read this book! The only book I've ever read where the two characters are just friends is Geek Charming. I love stories about strong friendships, and after reading your review, I'm even more excited about this one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't stop gushing about this one. It's soooo good cute and so cute. I love it.

      Delete
  2. I feel like twirling around, I'm so happy. I've been hoping that this would be great and it sounds like it is from your review! Your new favorite Eulberg novel? YES. Great review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! Usually with EE books. I love the premise but something feels off. I loved her first book but the rest were just okay. Better Off Friends is a great premise and it hits the ball out of the park for me.

      Delete
  3. This sounds so cute, I'll have to check it out. I'm glad you loved how it ends too! :D

    Alice @ Alice in Readerland

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also loved Better Off Friends! I think my favorite book by Elizabeth Eulberg will always be Take A Bow, but this was a close second. The ending was perfect for the story. Great review :)

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to comment, I personally read every comment and try to reply. Thank you.

 

©2012 My Heart Hearts Books | Website Designed by Website Design Credit | All Rights Reserved

Powered by Blogger