My Heart Hearts Social Media Twitter Pinterest goodreads Tumblr youTube amazon Formspring Library Thing RSS Email

Sunday, February 2, 2014

Book Haul #6


Library
Sammy Keyes and the Killer Cruise by Wendelin Van Draanen
Mind Games by Kiersten White
Loud Awake and Lost by Adele Griffin
The Chaos of Stars by Kiersten White
Pretty Crooked by Elisa Ludwig
My love for my public library system is renewed. Their YA section is so amazing and extension. I've already read two out of the five (Sammy Keyes and Mind Games) and I already ordered copies of my own. 

Review
Second Star by Alyssa B. Sheinmel(Netgalley)
The Truth About Alice by Jennifer Mathieu (Netalley)
In 2013 I discovered my love contemporary YA and in 2014 I'm trying to read more of them. I'm super excited for them both!

Bought
Audrey, Wait by Robin Benway
The Mockingbirds by Daisy Whitney
Persuasion by Jane Austen
The Princess Diaries by Meg Cabot
Amy & Roger's Epic Detour by Morgan Matson
I got everything except Amy & Rogers from Goodwill for only $5. Two were new and two were already loved. Other than The Princess Diaries I haven't read any of these books yet!

12 comments:

  1. OOoh nice haul! Lots of these are new to me, in the sense that I've never read them! I did read Mind Games way back when as an ARC. It was definitely an interesting story! Hope you enjoy all your new reads and yay for the deals!

    Here's my STS

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really liked Mind Games and Perfect Lies is pretty good too. I just did a reading binge and I'm glad I could read it all at once and just get the bigger picture.

      Delete
  2. yay for discovering your love for contemporary novels, my favorite genre ever! awesome books this week. i'm super excited to read second star myself. happy reading :)

    hope you can stop by my StS Post.

    -michelle @ Michelle & Leslie's Book Picks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay for contemp! I love it and I definitely want to read more of it.

      Delete
  3. Amy and Roger's Epic Detour is an awesome book! I hope you really enjoy it and thanks for stopping by Spun With Words. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm going to start it soonish I think. I've been dying to read it for a while I really loved Second Chance Summer.

      Delete
  4. Awesome haul Aly! Your library had some awesome titles =D I have been wanting to read The Chaos of Stars for ages. I also have Second Star for review and can't wait to read it. I just love Peter Pan re-tellings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so proud of my library. It's pretty well stocked and always has a bunch of new releases.

      Delete
  5. So many books on this list I haven't read yet. *adds them all*

    Got to love the library. I swear that's my second home. They know me so well, I get personal recommendations from them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know why I stopped before. I like owning my own books but borrowing them from the library is like a great preview. Plus my library has all the new YA books which I absolutely love. My hometown library was always so behind with that stuff.

      Delete
  6. I want Amy & Roger's Epic Detour so bad! I've seen it all over the place lately and I feel like that's a sign I need to get my hands on it ASAP. And the public library can be so great with YA. ;) My library has a pretty extensive collection, but it takes them a while to get new books in, which can be really disappointing. I'm back to buying new books instead of waiting on the library. Great haul and happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I usually love owning my books but I think the library is a great way to vet them and make sure I like it before I buy it. I feel guilty when I go to bookstores and read, hate the book, and end up not buying it. This way I can do the same thing without the guilt.

      Delete

Please feel free to comment, I personally read every comment and try to reply. Thank you.

 

©2012 My Heart Hearts Books | Website Designed by Website Design Credit | All Rights Reserved

Powered by Blogger